Friday, December 07, 2007

Power of Praise

A soccer coach divided his team to 3 small groups for training while he did a small test.

He praised the 1st group by saying, “ You all performed great with perfect co-operation. Well done! You are the best.”

He spoke to the 2nd group, “ You all did pretty good, if you could run faster, that would be better.”

Finally, he shouted at the last team, “ What’s wrong with you guys? You were out of trend! How could we win if I count on you?”

Actually these 3 groups of soccer players have the same quality. However, after the test, 1st group achieved the best result, followed by the 2nd & 3rd.

Conclusion – In certain situations, praise is worthier than criticism to boost an individual talent comport with ambition.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ya!We as a mom has encourage our kids by praising them not them criticize all the time.A good point.

Happy Survivor said...

I wish my mum has praised me when I got good result in school >0<

i1chocolat said...

^lol I'm sure ur mom praises you, jz dat u dun realise maa.. Sumtimes praises doesn't have to be in words, but also in actions .

:)

Anyway, praises is always better than to criticize. If one really have to point out other's mistakes, then one have to be tacky, try to point out the good thing first before criticizing.

Happy Survivor said...

My mum just say "O" or "Hmm" when I told her how many As I've got. Maybe you are right, parent always praise kids in action not words especially conservative type. I think not so many like & take the way of "straight to the point" :)

Mazza Homemade Cookies said...

be positive..

Happy Survivor said...

Myfisol - Thats what Im trying to be - always think positive ^-^