Friday, November 30, 2007

Do you know your neighbours?


Read an interesting real story today.

A lady stays in a 22 floors apartment for 5 years but yet to see the next door person looks like. The only she could recognize is the vase of flowers & a wooden shoes rack outside her neighbour's house. She believes that the person stays at the upper floor has big foot because everytime he walks in the house, she can hear the heavy steps. One day, the fire alarm suddenly rang & everybody run out from apartment. She just able to grab her cellphone & ran. For the 1st time, she met all her neighbours. She realize all of them are from different type of family with different occupations. Even they are staying under the same roof, so near but seem so far as they have never meet.

I am living in a small place & of course I know most of my neighbours. Do you? I just can't insist staying in a closed & small cage without knowing & talking to each others. Can you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like to introduce myself when i have a chanc eto meet my neighbour.I think we should know our neighbour.For the sake of our safety.

Happy Survivor said...

Sweetiepie - I would start with small talk or a smile for ice-breaking hehe..Here we can see each others everyday. Yes, is important to know your neighbours & ask them to look after your house when you are away. Thats what we did. ^-^