Monday, October 15, 2007

Fashion Design - Dress

I spent my one day holiday to make my very first cloth. Here it is. A pinky dress for my model - Bobo. Not too bad i guess because my model didn't complaint much. Haha..

Sewing is really a very difficult work & need so much patience. Accuracy is very important to create a balance & nice cloth. Anyway, I've got wrong measurements & wrong type of fabric which caused many problems to my first design. Luckily my aunt & mum helps. Eventually the dress completed.
Hmmm...lots of things to learn. Will try my 2nd design soon.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

well you should have put ur model in the dress and taken the pix......no?
:)

its a pretty dress, when will u be able to sew stuff for guys ......hehe

Happy Survivor said...

Good idea Mango. I'll catch picture of my model in my dress next time ^o^. Design for guys? I'll try but will you be my dummy? ^v^

snoopy said...

That is a great design! My first sewing is even worst and dare not keep it at all. You should do one for your self!

Unknown said...

;-)
being a dummy can be dangerous, especially with a woman with sewing needles, who knows just to make my clothes fit me perfectly, you just might end up sewing the dress to me itself.....haha

Happy Survivor said...

Thanks Snoopy. Sure I'll make cloth for myself someday but for now I can only practise kid's design b'coz need less fabric, cost & time. hehe... ^-^

Mango, don't worry, I'll take "good" care of you as my dummy... ^o^

Unknown said...

ahhhh who is this mango?
wats next orange? lemon?
:))