Thursday, September 13, 2007

Coin is Not Money?


Bon bon bon……. Everytime when Bobo ( my 3 years old niece ) heard the motorbike’s horn, she would runs to her grandma ( my mum ) and shout “Roti, roti. Want to buy?” Yesterday she did the same.

Grandma : Oh, I don’t have enough money. Could you go & get a dollar from your aunt ( me )?

Bobo : Ok, ok.
( She runs straight away into my room & spread her little hand with her cute face. )

Bobo : Grandma needs one dollar to buy bread. ( She waits patiently. )

Me : Ok, here you are. ( I gave her two 50 cents coins & she hold it tightly. But she keep standing there & waiting. )

Bobo : Money please? ( She look at me with her innocent eyes & ask again. )

Me : What? I gave you! That’s money. ( I pointed to the coins on her hand. )

Bobo : ( She was confused. ) No, grandma needs “money” to buy bread! ( She spoke impatiently. )

Me : 50cents + 50cents = 1 dollar. This is money. You can buy bread with “this” money.

Bobo : This is money? So, give it to grandma? ( She still staring at the paper money in my purse. )

Me : Yesssssss. >o<

Bobo : Ooooo, ok.

My niece thought the coins are for her to play & no value. Only paper money is money, which used to buy things. Kid oh kids! Sometimes, she really made me laugh out of loud….. ^o^

3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha funny conversation.

Ally give me a few dollars too, i want to go on world tour

Hi to BOBO :)

Happy Survivor said...

I pay you for tour then who will pay for mine? Im still planning my tour & hope wont be so long to start it. Hope we could travel the world someday ^o^

Unknown said...

together?
hmm i think u might get bored travelling with me :)

plus i aint save any money these days either, only spend spend :(