Sunday, July 08, 2007

Stubborn = Determined

Mandy is a fresh graduate & eagerly looking for a job. One day, she was called for an interview.
( After review Mandy’s resume for 2 minutes, )

Interviewer : Mandy, since you are a fresh graduate with no experience, I am afraid you are not the one that we are looking for.

Mandy : I understand that I don’t have any working experience but I am good in financing. Perhaps an opportunity could be given in proving that I can contribute to your good company? ( Mandy is not giving up. )

Interviewer : ( After think for a while ) Maybe you are right. Well, let us have a small test.

Mandy was given a task about financial & she has done it in 30 minutes with full of confidence.
Interviewer : Yes, you did a good job. Let me discuss with my Manager. ( The interviewer was impressed ).

After 5 minutes, Mandy was called to meet the HR Manager. HR Manager goes through Mandy’s resume again and learn that she is just a fresh graduate.
HR Manager : Mandy, do you have any working experience?

Mandy : No sir, I just graduate but I believe I could make a great contribution to your good company if the opportunity is given.

HR Manager : Ok Mandy, we would consider and give you a call once we have decided. ( The Manager has no intention to hire Mandy ).

Mandy : Thank you sir. Here is 2 dollars. Please call me no matter how the news is going to be.

HR Manager : What is this 2 dollars for? ( The Manager was confused ).

Mandy : A company will only call the qualified candidate. I would be glad I am accepted but if I don’t, you have no obligation to call me. Anyhow, I would bear with the telephone charges and please do call me even I am rejected.

HR Manager : Why you still want me to call you even you won’t be hired?

Mandy : I would appreciate if you could call and tell me the reason for refusing me so that I know how to do better next time.

HR Manager : Hahaha…Girl, you could save your 2 dollars. ( The Manager was laughing and started to change his mind. )

Mandy : Why?

HR Manager : We are not going to call you because…. you are hired right now!

Mandy was rejected at the beginning but she still request for second chance, as she believes she has advantages in financing. The HR Manager still refuses to hire her even she did well in the task given. Mandy is an honest girl and never lie of her working experience. She knew that the Manager would not call her but she still request for a ring. Eventually, the Manager was impressed with her sincerity and determination even he was frustrated of Mandy’s stubborn at the beginning.

So, don’t forget to get 2 dollars ready when you go for an interview. ^o^


No comments: